I am an Assistant Professor of English and Director of the Center for Reading and Writing at State University of New York Adirondack in beautiful upstate New York.
Current Research Interests:
- Transatlantic studies of the early 20th century. Currently, I am a member of Intercontinental Cross-Currents (Net)Works of Europe and the Americas.
- Literature stemming from New Orleans, 19th and 20th centuries, including my dissertation topic of Grace King and my interest in Katrina Literature.
- Film Studies, particularly indie film and women’s cinema.
- Mindfulness in Teaching Strategies and the influence of holistic ideas and pedagogy.
- Writing Center Theory, Mindfulness in the Writing Center, and Transitioning from Tutoring to Teaching
- Pedagogy Development
- Trauma Studies
- On being awarded the Peck Award in December, 2014: http://mtsuenglish.blogspot.com/2014/12/2014-peck-awards.html
- On a conference in Metz, France in October 2014: http://mtsuenglish.blogspot.com/2014_10_01_archive.html
- On a collaborative effort, Wallace Stevens Wiki created in May 2014: http://mtsuenglish.blogspot.com/2014/05/english-graduate-students-create.html