I am an Assistant Professor of English and Director of the Center for Reading and Writing at State University of New York Adirondack in beautiful upstate New York.
My current research interests include:
- Transatlantic studies of the early 20th century.
- Literature stemming from New Orleans, including my dissertation topic of Grace King and my interest in Katrina Literature.
- Film Studies, particularly indie film and women’s cinema.
- Mindfulness in teaching strategies and pedagogy.
- Writing Center Theory
- Trauma Studies and Therapeutic Writing